Thursday, January 20, 2011
"It's not cold out"
This is one thing I will always be grateful to Winnipeg for; while all us Albertans hide in the house, my born and semi-raise son and his Winnipeger friend thought it was the perfect weather for digging snow tunnels.
Our neighbours across the way had a huge snow pile between 2 drive ways. After trying to dig out our piddly little snow drifts, I could see Nolan and Greg debating on how much trouble they might get in if the neighbours came home and found them digging in their snow. The desire for the awesomest snow tunnel ever won out and they slowly inched their way over. While I sat cozy in the house they dug and dug until their tunnel was connected from the top to the bottom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know what it is but when my kids play outside for an extended period of time I'm elated. Not that they are outside, out of the house but that they are doing what kids are supposed to be doing, playing, outside. Not stuck inside watching t.v or playing video games. Last winter Meg and I built a semi igloo. It was half completed due to the lack of snow and darkness. I was awesome. I've considered doing that here but Nebraska is so much colder than Utah.
There you go. Good reason for living in Winterpeg. It prepared you for the mild days in Lethbridge.....lol
Post a Comment