Nolan loves the mountains. I know it's been said time and again, but Nolan is almost a clone of Spencer; the only thing stopping him from being an actual clone, is the extra thick head of hair he inherited from me. The mountains are a part of him and anytime spent there is amongst the happiest.
Saturday Nolan and Grandpa, along with my dad's neighbours the Steed's, hiked to Francis lake. They started off in Waterton National Park and drove the boat into Glacier National Park, then began the hike at Goat Haunt. It was a 6 mile hike into the lake taking them 3 hours to hike into the lake and 2 1/2 hours to hike out.
Nolan was especially pleased when he caught 2 fish. Nolan is a catch and release man, but the Steed's kept their fish cooking up 3 of them. Nolan did not enjoy eating the fish, but apparently cutting off their heads, tails and gutting them was a good time.
Nolan came home dirty, blistered, exhausted and happy!
3 comments:
I wish I could have been there. Way to go Nolan! That was a long hike.
I wish I could have been there.
Way to go Nolan! That was a long hike.
Spence
okay seriously, forget Alberta. BC is the place to be!!!
We need some outside friends.. kinda like the ones we had in Winnipeg.
We love them!
Post a Comment