Thursday, July 31, 2008

Does Life Get Any Better Than This?


I love days like today. The kids wanted to have a bonfire for supper and as I sat there watching the kids cook their hot dogs, roast/burn their marshmallow and lick the sticking goodness of leftover marshmallow residue off their dirty little finger, I thought how lucky we are. Moments like this need to forever engraved in our memories and cherished.

I have countless good memories sitting in the swing in the Taylor's backyard as our family did this exact thing, then the kids would climb trees while Spencer and Dale threw the football or frisbee. Good Memories.


Today was also Jake and Nolan's last day of Basketball camp. All the family gathered at the Gym to watch as the boys played in the final 5 on 5 basketball tournament. We have great little ball players!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it fi=un ang to be able to reconnect with family over the summer holidays? I understand Spenny is coming out to join you, congrads on selling the house so fast out here in Manitoba. It means you really are meant to be in Lethbridge, happy for you sad for us. Now you guys get to do some house hunting.Don't forget to post pics of your new house.
carolyne-Niverville

Anonymous said...

Oh yes the bon fires in the back yard. Best one I remember is when i was burning the leaves in the original garden we had. The flames were shooting up half way up the height of the trees and i thought i was going to start a forest fire.

We did have a lot of good memories in the back yard. The cherry fight with the ornimenal cherries, picking each other off. The pain of Spencer pelting me was worth tossing a few and Anne and Ang.

Dale

Anne said...

I miss those days!! I love swinging with you in the swing, while the kids took care of them selves, and helped themselves!!! I have the swing on the deck just waiting for you, but there will be no bonfires.

Today I found the best place. It was so much fun, our kids would have best time exploring the tide pools(we found jelly fish!!), and then watching the tide come in, I wished you were there, but pretty much feel that way about all the fun stuff our family does!!

hope you had a s'more(or two) for me!