Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Red Rock

August 23, 24th and 25th we attended the Strate family reunion - my dad's side of the family. My cousins travelled from far across the land so we could all be together. It was so awesome to see most of my cousin again and grow closer to them and their kids.

Red Rock Canyon is our favorite place and pretty much any out of towners who come for a visit get taken there to enjoy the beautiful panoramic view as well as climb up the canyon and dip their toes in the glacial waters.


We stopped for lunch at Crooked Creek and the kids had a marvelous time climbing the creek. I've been there before but the kids were older this year and way more adventurous. We came across a pool of the coolest water you've ever felt (I think Nolan's faces pretty much says it all). There was a waterfall filling the pool, and since I think I've share with you before, that waterfalls are among my favorite things, I was excited to find this little gem. You must come for a visit so I can take you to our new little hide away.

After lunch we travelled up the road to Red Rock. The kids had the best time climbing up the canyon; but my absolute favorite moments was when with grandkids cheering her on my mom went down the water slide and into the freezing water. My brother has made a montage of everyone water sliding. Check it out.

3 comments:

Anne said...

that looks so cool! And to think you live there now! I would have Loved to see you in that pool! That would have been wallpaper worthy!

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

You guys sound like you are having so much fun this summer. That's awesome.