Saturday, September 06, 2008

Silence

Normally at this time of year I would be lamenting the fact that my kids are headed off to school; especially since Jarom started kindergarten this year. But with the move, new house and crazy busy summer I was a little preoccupied to fully mourn/rejoice the fact that my kids are in school. It'll come and it may not be pretty.

This year was a little different as my kids started class not knowing anyone. Nolan was very nervous, but I was impressed with how well he dealt with the change.

To mark the going back to school the kids each got to pick their favorite supper. Nolan choose Sushi and since he his dad is the sushi chef around here Spencer made a beautiful plate of sushi that we all gobbled down.






Jarom was in such a frenzie about staring school this is about the only picture I have of him. I have lots of half his face, his chest, his shoes. Due to the staggered entry for kindergarten Jarom only went Thursday afternoon, he did great and loved his teacher. Their new school seems to have more of an open door policy then Nolan's school in Winnipeg. In Winnipeg all the kids lined up outside the door and a teacher would let them in. The parents remained outside. This school the parents are not only permitted into the school, but in the classroom as well; parents are even encouraged to drop in.

For Jarom's first day of school supper he choose chicken nugget, fries and corn on the cob. We were so fortunate to be joined by my Parents, Uncle Mel (Jarom's UNO rival and Nolan's fishing companion) and my grandma Blumel. It's so much fun to have family around to share all these moments in our lives.

Jarom is in love with his new school shoes. He put them on and proclaimed, "these runners are so fast I can even catch Nolan".



I made these cupcakes. They were so cute and fun to make. I'd like to take credit for the idea, but the idea came from family fun - every mother's best friend.

2 comments:

Anne said...

you truely are the BEST mom ever! you win hands down!

Unknown said...

Dang, I wanted Spencer to make us Sushi when we were there.