Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It been too long



I am back dear friends.  My computer savvy husband has figured out a way for me to get onto my blog from our computer; so I should be back to somewhat regular blogging.  

I've been writing posts daily in my head - Things I love about my new home/neighborhood, the hassles of moving from one province to another and so many others, but I'll start with a little adventure the boys went on this week-end.

One of the nice things about being back in Alberta is family.  We have been without family for the last 10 years.  Although I can't let it go unsaid, that I feel like we were very blessed with people in our lives who became our family; now we have an abundance of the "real" thing. All of Spencer family lives within with close proximity and now my family is all within 12 hours of each other. It's a nice feeling to be able to enjoy and participate in family gatherings.  

Spencer's brother Cam suggested a hiking trip for the boys last week-end and as you can imagine since it meant time to myself I was totally on board. I wanted to go spend some sister time with Rachel is Calgary, but since she had tickets to see Elton John, sister time was out. Instead I hung out with my mom doing all sorts of fun crafty thing.

The boys hiked into Bertha Bay and camped for the night. The boys had so much fun playing around on Waterton lake. They skipped rocks, tried to sink a ship - known to the rest of us as a log, jumped on the dock, had a sing along and the list goes on.  It poured rain on them all night, but thanks to a waterproof tent and warm sleeping bags the kids slept through the storm.   

Jarom is a bit of a reluctant hiker.  He doesn't enjoy so much the hiking, but loves the over all experience.  Nolan is like his dad and the mountains are a part of him.  Everyone came home happy and full of stories to share.  I was so glad they had this time with their cousins.




2 comments:

Jess said...

It looks like your boys are loving the mountains! That's awesome to be able to do so much with your family. How's the new house?

Unknown said...

So you look forward to having house to yourself on the weekend too, what do you do with all your time alone???!!!!