The smell of fresh baked bread is for me a trip down memory lane to my childhood. My grandpa Blumel, who I adored as only a granddaughter can adore her grandpa, was an expert bread maker. My mind is immediately filled with memories of him whenever I catch the scent of that heavenly aroma or walk down the wood aisel of Home Depot. Those two smells will forever remind me of my grandpa - fresh bread and saw dust.
(I've learned that for best results - use unbleached white flour)
3 comments:
I always remember Grandpa Blumell whenever someone cuts me off, "Ya big dummy!"
Or if I run over a shopping cart in the Safeway parking lot and it becomes lodged underneath the vehicle.
Ang, I wish I could make bread like that...I only attempt pizza crust when I'm feeling domestic...I'll have to step out of my fear of "it won't turn out if I do it" bread making and give it a try. Also you can come anytime for a dip in the hot tub..how about this weekend? It's a quick trip right...
Looks delicious!!!!
Post a Comment