Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week-end wanderings


This week-end was Nolan's soccer provincials in Calgary. The boys were crushed by their opponents (anyone who thinks I am being harsh - one game was 35-0); Nolan is not used to tasting the bitterness of defeat and took it quite hard. I guess there is a lesson to be learned or character to be built from losing - but since I have been told once or twice I have a bit of a competitive streak, I couldn't really enlighten Nolan.

Luckily Uncle Paul was there and with all of his enthusiasm he was able to lift Nolan's spirits and make him believe he was the star of the game.

Otherwise the trip to Calgary was lots of fun. Rachel and Paul came down to support Nolan and visit with us, so fun to see them. Our friends Jay and Lindy met up with us at the soccer game and joined us for lunch. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around CrossIron Mills shopping center and hours in Bass Pro Shop mesmerized by all the sights. The boys checked out the fishing, camping and hunting section and Rachel and I found our way to the Fudge Shop. I love me some Fudge!

2 comments:

Amy said...

One of these days I'll get to that mall, it sounds so cool!

craftedbylindy said...

Isn't that store crazy!? It's like Disneyland for campers and hunters. haha!