
If you check out books on Amazon it is very informative in that it lets you know that if you enjoyed a certain book, then you will probably enjoy these other books, and it usually list about 3 or 4. “Dragon Bones” was recommended if a person enjoyed “Snow Flower and the Secret Fan”. Since I thoroughly enjoyed “Snow Flower and the Secret Fan” I felt “Dragon Bones” was worth reading. I’m not really sure what Amazon was thinking when they linked these two books, pretty much the only thing they had in common was that they were both set in China. Dragon Bones seemed more like a main stream murder mystery (with some very gruesome passages), than a beautifully written piece of literature like “Snow Flower and the Secret Fan”.
Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoy lying on the beach reading a good murder mystery, I just expected a little more since it was link to such an amazing book.
Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoy lying on the beach reading a good murder mystery, I just expected a little more since it was link to such an amazing book.
1 comment:
Ahhh yes, the timely ritual of eating sunflower seeds to numb the pain of watching little league. I now understand why mom and dad didn't come to that many of my games.
One time Kaddi and I made the mistake of sitting in the car while we watched Jake's game and spitting the seeds out the window. By the time we were done the pile of shells was so high we couldn't open the door. (cue laugh track)
We had to back out before Jake could get in.
(Thank you for coming, you've been a wonderful audience...)
Post a Comment