
It has recently been brought to my attention that many of my blog viewers do not enjoy my book reviews, but would rather see more pictures of my adorable kids and stop wasting their time with my thoughts as I turn the last page of my latest novel. I was shocked to hear this news, well not shocked exactly, it bought back memories of Spencer, Tricia and James with their eyes glazed over at party night while I tortured them with the latest developments in my book.
For you who dislike my book review I have 2 words for you - TOO BAD! I like writing them and since this is my blog you can just skip them.
“Drowning Ruth” is an Oprah’s Book Club selection that I picked up at a garage sale for $1. In the past, I’ve read a few of Oprah’s selections but found them to be a little too on the darker side of life; although I always find the main character’s in Oprah’s selections to be complicated and they hook me in as soon as I start reading. This book proved to be no different. "Drowning Ruth" is a thriller that keeps the reader guessing until the last page - what happened on that frightfully cold evening in November which caused Ruth’s mother to break through the ice and drown.
I very much enjoyed this book; if you have an opportunity to read it, take it!
For you who dislike my book review I have 2 words for you - TOO BAD! I like writing them and since this is my blog you can just skip them.
“Drowning Ruth” is an Oprah’s Book Club selection that I picked up at a garage sale for $1. In the past, I’ve read a few of Oprah’s selections but found them to be a little too on the darker side of life; although I always find the main character’s in Oprah’s selections to be complicated and they hook me in as soon as I start reading. This book proved to be no different. "Drowning Ruth" is a thriller that keeps the reader guessing until the last page - what happened on that frightfully cold evening in November which caused Ruth’s mother to break through the ice and drown.
I very much enjoyed this book; if you have an opportunity to read it, take it!
6 comments:
Okay I like the fact that there are pictures for every book review! I even read the review, and If i come across the book for a dollar at a gargage sale I too will read it! But I love the Pictures!!
I thought you'd use a different two words, and throw in a hand gesture! Just for good measure.
Now I don't think it was quite fair to say our eyes were glossed over because the reviews you gave, but more a fact that we had how much sugar racing through our bodies at what time of night? I really like your reviews if the truth be told, so keep them coming.
Well, I for one love your reviews! Seriously!!
I have had many an idea for a good read from your blog. It's one of the main reasons I lurk around your blog so much, (that and your super cute kids!) Yes, definitely keep them coming!
You know I thought of a book for you: The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. This book was so fabulous, I was captivated. Be forewarned though, it has a sad sad ending. I'm not blowing anything by telling you, Audrey tells you through the whole book that it's not going to end well. And honestly, I was sobbing. I have never had a book leave me so heartbroken. Darrel asked why the heck I was reading it, and I couldn't even talk. :) Anyway, worth a read. There's a few language issues if I remember correctly -just so you know.
Post a Comment