
Ok, all those of you who are faithful followers of my blog may have noticed that when something is going on in my life I take a break from blogging. There is some weird connection in my head that makes me believe that it’s not really real until it appears on my blog.
So here it is... we are relocating to Southern Alberta.
This comes as a totally shock as neither Spencer nor I thought that we would ever return “Home”. We didn’t go looking for a change, but nonetheless we were ready for one and it found us. On a whim Spencer applied for a job, not really thinking he would even get an interview as he wasn’t qualified for the job. But want him they did and once we heard the offer we knew we couldn’t turn it down. So in the last two weeks we have been going crazy trying to get ready to move before we came to Alberta to celebrate my grandma’s 90th birthday.
Spencer will be the Assistant Director of ???? at the U of L. He is, as I understand it, over all the construction that goes on at the university. I don’t think that really does it justice, but I’m sure if you check back Spencer will have left a lengthy comment as to what the job all entails.
How we all feel about this move.... shocked, nervous, stunned, heartbroken, angry (Nolan) excited for a change – if you can think it we’ve felt it.
Saying Good-bye to Winnipeg and all the people we love there was harder than I ever thought it would be. How do you say good-bye to people who have become your family? How do you say good-bye to a place that helped you grow into who you are?
Winnipeg and our friends there were a blessing. We had so many people touch mine, Spencer’s and our kid’s lives. I’ve never been good at emotional outpourings and the last two weeks have been just that. Since I tried to be strong when saying good-bye to those I love, I would cry (more like sob) alone at 4 in the morning, so stupid. I am so thankful for the time our family spent in Winnipeg, the people there are amazing and we will miss them.
Here’s to starting new chapter in our lives
So here it is... we are relocating to Southern Alberta.
This comes as a totally shock as neither Spencer nor I thought that we would ever return “Home”. We didn’t go looking for a change, but nonetheless we were ready for one and it found us. On a whim Spencer applied for a job, not really thinking he would even get an interview as he wasn’t qualified for the job. But want him they did and once we heard the offer we knew we couldn’t turn it down. So in the last two weeks we have been going crazy trying to get ready to move before we came to Alberta to celebrate my grandma’s 90th birthday.
Spencer will be the Assistant Director of ???? at the U of L. He is, as I understand it, over all the construction that goes on at the university. I don’t think that really does it justice, but I’m sure if you check back Spencer will have left a lengthy comment as to what the job all entails.
How we all feel about this move.... shocked, nervous, stunned, heartbroken, angry (Nolan) excited for a change – if you can think it we’ve felt it.
Saying Good-bye to Winnipeg and all the people we love there was harder than I ever thought it would be. How do you say good-bye to people who have become your family? How do you say good-bye to a place that helped you grow into who you are?
Winnipeg and our friends there were a blessing. We had so many people touch mine, Spencer’s and our kid’s lives. I’ve never been good at emotional outpourings and the last two weeks have been just that. Since I tried to be strong when saying good-bye to those I love, I would cry (more like sob) alone at 4 in the morning, so stupid. I am so thankful for the time our family spent in Winnipeg, the people there are amazing and we will miss them.
Here’s to starting new chapter in our lives
6 comments:
I am excited for you guys! Congrats to Spencer! Give me a call when you get here and settled and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you to help with the move=)
Good to see the blog is up and running again. Nice jam.
Associate Director of Planning and Capital Projects...but I am an Architect first and foremost.
Hey, you will have to explain the part about my 'not being qualified' for the job - my credentials are exactly what they asked for (and more). You must be referring to the 7 years experience they were asking for in the position notice (and the fact I have a year and a half less than that).
The surprise was really their offer.
Spence
Miss ya friend! Your move is a little funner then my move...love that picture!
Who said you could move. NO one asked me!!!! I will really be sorry to see you go. I haven't been to church and won't be for a week or so, so I am saying so long now. I wouldn't be good in person anyway. It was great working with you in Primary and I will miss seeing your kids grow up. All the good people are leaving and I have to stay here!!
LOVE,
Char
Congrats guys! I'm so excited for you. Change is good, and more growth will come from it.
Joe
I am glad that the boys are excited. It will be awesome to be back in the mountains again and I am sure the kids will enjoy being close to Grandma's.
We miss you already but hopefully things are going well.
Post a Comment