Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Only at Grandpa's


I don't think I have to tell you have excited Nolan was to be trying out Grandpas' gun.

A couple of weeks after we arrived in Alberta, Noli went over to his friend Levis house. Levi 's brother used Nolan and Levi as targets while he shot at them with his pellet gun (I actually have no idea what kind of gun it was) I as his mother (and a city mother at that) was a little alarm, but Nolan thought it was the greatest time ever and has been begging to shoot a gun ever since.

Last night Nolan and his cousin Jake were given a lesson in the art of sharp shooting. Grandpa took them out and the boys shot at tins cans. I think Nolan liked it a little too much.

As a side note - we enjoyed a Strate Family reunion this week-end so I'll be posting about that soon.

5 comments:

Anne said...

I LOVE the way your Dad us so casual! Only a Grandpa!!!! Nolan looks way comfortable shooting that gun!! you gotta love Alberta!!!

Tricia said...

I am with Anne I think not at grandpa's but it seems to be an Alberta thing. I remember going out with my cousins and shooting at the birds in the barn, what a glamorous childhood I know but need I mention the chickens? Nolan what more could you ask for I think you have gotten to everything you have been talking about!!! Lucky Kid

Unknown said...

It is a prairie thing, as i remember going out and walking the streets of small town Saskatchewan with the .22 to shoot what ever. Then we moved to big city and the gun was locked up. That wouldn't stop us from playing bullet toss against the school behind my house. We would like to hear them go off as they hit the school while we hit the deck.

That is why no guns in our house, even if my dad wants to give them to me. Way to tempting to do something stupid.

Anonymous said...

I concur with Dale.

I think every boy in Southern Alberta shoots a .22 by the age of 8. I have slaughtered many p-dogs out in the Beazer and Porquipine Hill areas. Sometimes we'd plug the critters up with cherry-bombs and watch their heads explode.

Demented???....yes.

Spence

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories of blowing things up!!! We would talk the shotgun out and see what we could blow holes in. I think the most gory thing we did was try to blow off the heads of ducks we shot. Of couse it would be during hunting season of course.

Using the .303 on the p-dogs was interesting as well.

Dale