Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rantings of an Overcharge Consumer


I totally feel the need to rant. In fact I don't think I will feel better until I have had many people listen to my rantings so I am posting in on my blog there by reaching more people. I'll try to keep it short.

Jarom is allergic to the protein in cows milk so he drinks goat milk. In Winnipeg I paid $5.49 for 2 liters which bothered me, but since I have no other choice I paid the money. After an unpleasant trip to Safeway on Monday I was informed that they were no longer carrying goats milk, but Save on Foods did.

Yesterday I made my way to Save On and found the desired goat milk when I got to the till it cost $6.49 FOR 2 liters - 2 LITERS! Is it just me or does that seem a tad high?

9 comments:

Tricia said...

Well we would be glad more then glad tickled pink if you decided to come back!!! Really think of all the money you'll save! No we pack some in a cooler for you when we come out. Do you think it would still be good by the time we get there?

Krista said...

May be cheaper for you to just buy a goat and have it roam around in your back yard. Milk on demand.

Anne said...

Okay, did you really need to post a picture of a Goat??! I just didn't need the visual. yuck.

Unknown said...

I agree with Krista, now that your are living in cattle country you surely can put a goat in the back yard. Add to that an instant pet for Jarom, just tell him its a big dog.

Just think of all the fun times the family would have playing with the goat, getting butted, and of course milking it. It would be a great learning experience for Jarom.

Anonymous said...

Even I would go for the goat in the backyard for purely comedic purposes. They are pretty fun to play around with and we could train it to butt people we don't like...hehehehe.

Spenny

Unknown said...

my neice is gluton intollerant and to buy and find that kind of bread is nuts. You can get it at Safeway over in the friut and veg section there is a freezer. $5.00 a loaf.
Jarom would love to have a goat!!

Carolyne-Niverville

Anonymous said...

Did you know that there is a certain type of goat, I can't remember what it's called, but it stiffens up and falls over when it gets scared? It's seriously the funnies thing I've ever seen!!!! Rach

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmJDDC0e0bw this is the link for fainting.

Anonymous said...

fainting goats...the link for the fanting goats.