Canning in one of my favourite domestic duties, scrap that, it is my favourite. I love the way the jars look all lined up on the shelves. Unlike making supper, cleaning the bathroom, doing the laundry and the list goes on – canning is satisfying. After the meal is consumed, the bathroom is grungy and the laundry baskets are once again spilling over; I can go down and gaze at the beautifully arranged jars of goodness.
Now all I have to do is learn how to make bread to go with my jam.
3 comments:
I totally agree with you, Canning is the most satisfying! I love how colourful my shelves look in the fall when they are full of all that I have canned that summer.
umm yum!
If your like me you have a husband who loves to can, I think I just get in his way but I like to think that I am helping him along.
Post a Comment