Not only did we not have to pack our belongings in Winnipeg, worry about getting them out here, unload the truck, put together the furniture or dispose of the boxes, today I got this beautiful bouquet of flowers from the moving company.
Cut flowers are my favorite.
WARNING - SOME READERS MAY FIND THE FOLLOWING STORY OFFENSIVE
This week I had the opportunity to attend field trips with both Nolan and Jarom. Monday afternoon Nolan's class went to the cemetery. I'm not quite sure what the point of the trip was, I'm thinking something to do with history. Anyhow, it was actually quite fascinating. A tour guide came from the local museum and sent us on a scavenger hunt to discover different stories about people from their headstones.
As we were walking among the headstone I was reminder of a previous visit to a cemetery with Nolan.
On one of our trips home from Winnipeg (I think Nolan was around 4) we were visiting with Spencer's grandpa and he mentioned he hadn't seen his wife gravestone in awhile so we took him to see it. It was actually the first time Spence and I had seen it. We shared stories about grandma as we cleaned up the area around her headstone, pulled the long grass, that sort of thing. Then we were all thoughtfully gazing down at her headstone thinking about grandma and how much we loved her and Nolan turns to me and says, "Sooo, did, someone, um, shoot her"?
3 comments:
Hahahaha...that is fabulous!
GET OUT!! That's soooooo beyond funny!! It's laugh out loud worthy!!
so funny!
Post a Comment