Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to school they go

I wish I could say I love it when my kids go back to school, but the opposite is true. We had a wonderful summer together and I'll miss them and our carefree lifestyle of the summer.

That being said, once the kids were in their classroom they discovered they were happy to be there. They saw their friends again, unpacked all their shinny new school supplies and were wooed by their teachers and all the fun things they get to do this year.

We traditionally do a supper of their choosing on the first day of school and I had some very cool cupcakes I planned to make, but it is WAY to hot here to even think about turning on the stove. Instead we met grandma, grandpa and Auntie Rachel at BP's and had a celebratory supper there.


This is what the first day of school does to little boys,


and big boys too.

No comments: