Friday, August 07, 2009

Summer Reading


  1. The Birth House - I read this book a couple of summers ago and loved it. I chose it as my book to reread this summer.
  2. Still Alice - interesting - good read.
  3. The Book of Negroes- I want to read this one, but I'm a little anxious as to what awaits me inside it's pages. It's the same feeling I had about A Thousand Splendid Suns. It took me awhile to build up the courage to read it, but once I did I loved it.
  4. The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters - I can't remember what this one is about and why I wanted to read it, so I'll let you know.
  5. World's Without End - This book is never ending, seems like I've been reading it forever. Not sure if it's worth the time I've invested in it, but I'm curious to know how the story plays out.

3 comments:

momma street said...

Very interesting selections! I just finished World's without end. It was long wasn't it? But I really liked it. Could you imagine living like that? Made me appreciate everyday that I live in 2009!!! I will have to check out some of the others you picked, let us know how they are.

Katrina said...

OK, after you read these let me know which, if any, are nice, cheerful books with happy endings and I'll read them to.

Kirsten said...

HI Angela,
I read Still Alice too, and I found it very interesting, in a slightly terrified way. Makes you wonder for sure. Check out Belong to Me if you are looking for a good book. It was FANTASTIC!
Hope you are doing well!
Kirsten