Whitefish is one of my favorite parts of the summer. It's filled with:
family,
swimming,
boating,
skiing,
tube riding,
fishing,
hiking,
laughing,
shopping,
stuffing ourselves with tons of delicious food until we are sick.
In short it's heaven!
Day 1. - Rainy - which of coarse makes it perfect for a day of shopping. We also tried out a new restaurant called 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. We gorged on salty roasted peanuts and causally tossed them to the ground, home cut fries (so so tasting) and ginormous burgers - which were the best I've tasted.
Day2 - Sunday
Day 3 - Hike up to Avalanche Lake. I think it was one of the most spectacular hikes I've ever rambled through. There were lots of little spots along the way for the kids to veer off and explore. The boys fished at the lake and the Jarom and Meggie tried to catch friendly little chipmunk in their lunch bags - Uncle Shane was the only successful one; so funny my side hurt from laughing.
4 comments:
Oh, shopping! Did you find any elastic-waisted pants?
We actually found lots, and I thought of you every time.
So, do you guys do Whitefish every year? (I remember you were heading out after the Strate reunion last year.) What a fun family tradition! You have such an awesome family! So happy that you could have so much fun together. I can't believe Shane caught a chipmunk! Any one get it on video?
We seem to go to the Whitefish area every summer. We love it down there. It's so beautiful and there is lots to do.
We did not catch the chipmuch capture on video. I so wish we had, it was so funny.
Post a Comment