Monday, August 10, 2009

Warm and Cozy


Another one of the goals I set for this summer was to learn something new. Yesterday I started the long hard journey to acquiring this skill. My knitting expert friend taught me the tricks of the trade over and over and over and over and then sent me home to practice and practice some more. This is my 3rd go round trying to figure out how to knit a sock, yes that's right my friends, this beautiful ball of yarn will someday be adorning my feet.

I will prevail at this, my kids and hubby may go hungry, my house may look like a tornado tore through it, I myself, may begin to develop personal hygiene problems; but I will master these socks!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Maybe you can knit a new hat for Morgan to replace the one the deer ate!

PS: Heather never wants to go to sleep anymore. She misses her personal rocker!

camfox said...

hilarious! I have a friend that is teaching me to quilt, and I've realized that I really like my hand to be held. Doing in on my own makes me so nervous. It's a whole 'nother story. Good luck to you on your endeavor! Make sure to post pictures of your socks!

Jess said...

Good luck with the knitting.