Monday, August 03, 2009

The Candy Parade

The Anticipation

The Reward

You may or may not have noticed that the middle is missing. Actual pictures of the parade and candy scramble are missing. Sometimes I feel like I miss the event because I am too busy trying to photograph it. This year I opted to enjoy the happiness first hand, instead of through the lens of a camera.

I loved watching my kids get excited over the anticipation of the floats, horses and costumes. I loved seeing them clap and cheer and cajole people on the floats to throw candy their way, but most of all I loved watching Katrina take out little kids in her quest to acquire candy.

Take note that Russell can barely hold up his candy bag and his mom is standing closely by, guarding her prizes of sugary goodness.

2 comments:

Auntie Joy said...

That Katrina is no dummy, she's just protecting her wee man from those Court boys!!!!!

Katrina said...

Actually, I think the Court boys needed Angela to protect them from me. I don't know what came over me but I'm pretty sure that at least Jarom, if not Nolan was one of the kids I snatched candy away from with a cry of triumph. It was all such a blur that I'm just not sure. Luckily Dave caught the whole thing on video for our posterity. We'll just add that to the list of things our kids will someday need to discuss with their therapist.