Friday, April 07, 2006

Bikes and Basketballs.
































I came down here to escape from cleaning the bathroom. Really I should just clean it and get it over with, but as it stands I will leave it as long as I can, so it can haunt my thoughts all day. Sometimes I think the monotony of house work will make my head explode.

We have been blessed with beautiful weather all week and have been spending every spare moment we can outside. I am trying to teach Jarom how to ride a bike. It's a little bit more of a challenge then I had anticipated. Jarom was starting to catch on by the end, but the helpful young man at the gas station over filled his tire and it exploded. The training session was brought to a hault. Jarom did however, perfect the brakes and would slam on the brakes any chance he got, sending me crashing into the back of the bike.

Nolan has finally discovered his love for basketball. I was a little worried that he wasn't all that interested in the sport, but he seems to have a basketball in his hands a lot these days. He has been practicing his dribbling and the other day at the park I was able to teach him the proper way to shoot a basketball. It was a lot of fun. In the fall I am going to join him up to a basketball league.

Wednesday Nolan started his swimming lessons. I think he feels it is a bit of a waste of time since according to him,"he already know how to swim". He has one of his little buddies in the class with him, I can't see that ending well.

Well, I'm off to clean the bathroom, I can resist its call no longer.

No comments: