Friday, April 28, 2006

Bonfire




Saturday was the perfect day; the weather was warm, the kids were happy. We headed out to the Taylor's for the first hot dog roast of the summer - my kids kept calling it a weenie roast, then they would look in my direct and giggle. Anne and I sat on the swing and held Kezia while the men built and fire and the kids roasted their hot dogs. Jarom thought cooking his food on a stick, was the greatest thing ever. He particularly enjoyed putting a marshmallow on the end of his stick, sticking it in the flame and watching it burn. We lost many a marshmallow that way. After the bonfire we walked up to the corner store for an ice-cream cone. At one point during the walk I commented to Anne that this is the way life should be.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Now that I can see that my picture goes with my comments i want to share this beautiful site. HAHAHA I really like the pic. with all the kids in the tree.